October 22, 2023 is the fifth year for Subaru’s National Make a Dog’s Day! We couldn’t resist the urge to celebrate!
Having a dog in your life could be considered self-care, because daily walks sure are more fun with a fur-friend who loves a good outdoor jaunt. Below are some tips for being active with your pup!
- Take your dog for a walk in a new location! They get new smells, you might get some new terrain.
- If you usually only walk your dog, take them on a jog or a hike. Increasing your intensity is a great way to maintain your fitness and your lung strength
- Consider an agility class with your pup
- Your dog’s health matters, if they are exposed to secondhand or thirdhand smoke, make their day and limit these exposures
- Play fetch or frisbee with your dog while you walk around
Just like Gretchen from Mean Girls, we want to make “Fetch” happen!
Pictured above: One of our staff member’s dogs, Camber, begging for more treats!
Don’t have a dog? As my college professor always used to say, “Walk your dog every day, even if you don’t have a dog.”